The new Chester Made Exploration Zone pop-up makerspace at 511 Avenue of the States is officially complete! A special thank you to Chester Made artistic director Devon Walls, Alex Gilliam of Public Workshop and Chester residents for participating in #TheBuild and helping to make this possible!
On March 10 we held a launch reception and tour of the pop-up makerspace program. The following day, Butcher Shop Rehab’s L. Ward and Kenya Abdul-Hadi shared the secrets behind making beautiful furniture using reclaimed wood through a Reclaim. Rebuild. Repurpose workshop in which they guided teams of community members through the process of creating designer-inspired tables.
Take a look at the event photos below, and keep a look out for the finished tables that will be displayed throughout the City of Chester and the region.
Chester Made Exploration Zone Launch Reception
- About Chester Made
- Chester Made Humanities Camp
- Tactical Urbanism Community Conversation and Workshop
- The Building of a Block: Community Archival Workshop
- Chester Made Exploration Zone Launch--and Butcher Shop Rehab Reclaim . Rebuild . Repurpose Workshop
- Chester Made #TheBuild
- Chester Made Artist Exchange