The application period is now closed.
Announcing PA SHARP, a $1.2 million humanities recovery and growth program by the Pennsylvania Humanities Council (PHC).
As part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, PHC and other state and regional humanities councils are distributing funding from the National Endowment for the Humanities’ SHARP (Sustaining the Humanities through the American Rescue Plan) program. This legislation recognizes both the financial realities of the on-going pandemic recovery and the vital importance of the humanities to economic and civic life.
Through PA SHARP, PHC will provide up to $20,000 in flexible funding to support the growth and recovery of the humanities in Pennsylvania. This is an opportunity to reimagine, reinvent, and re-envision humanities work through planning, capacity building, and creative programming. In addition to grants for Programs and General Operations and Capacity Building, PHC will partner with grantees to develop a special statewide learning network, the PA SHARP Learning Network, that fosters resource sharing, networking, professional development, and mutual support.
PA SHARP Quick Facts
- Award amount: Up to $20,000 in flexible funding for either general operating and capacity building or program support
- Application period: 9/1/21 – 10/5/21
- Eligibility: PA organizations with a humanities-based mission and organizations conducting humanities programming
- No match required
- Grantees join statewide learning/support network
PA SHARP Materials and Collateral
How to Apply
- Carefully review the grant guidelines, preview application, informational webinar, and FAQs.
- Verify that your organization meets all requirements and has access to the required information and documentation needed for the application.
- Click the “Apply Now” button below to enter the PHC Grant Portal. New users will be asked to create a username and password. Returning users will be asked to enter their existing credentials to access the application.
- Complete the eligibility assessment, and the online application before the October 1st deadline. Note that applicants have the option of saving drafts and returning to them at their convenience.
NEW: Special message to PA SHARP Applicants
As you prepare your submissions in advance of our deadline, please take note of the following reminders which could help with technical challenges:
- Chrome and Firefox are our preferred browsers, and also make sure you are using the most updated versions.
- Check that ad-blockers and script blockeres are disabled for your web browser.
- The application will NOT autosave. Please be sure to hit “SAVE” after every couple of questions to make sure your work is recorded.
- When you are ready to submit, hit “SAVE” first and then “SUBMIT.”
- ALSO, if possible, work in an external document, such as Word, then copy and paste answers into the application.
Questions? We can help!
PHC staff are happy to provide guidance on completing an application, determining eligibility, addressing budgetary questions, as well as troubleshooting technical difficulties with our electronic form. For any questions, please contact Taylor Tolton-Kain, PHC Program and Communications Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.