Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will coordinate finance, operations, IT, and HR activities for PHC. The position requires superlative people skills, organizational expertise, strong attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and the ability to contribute at both a strategic and tactical level. This is a tremendous growth opportunity for an administrative/operations professional looking to join a highly regarded and growing organization, and to have a significant and meaningful impact on the lives of the people and communities PHC serves.
- Organizational Leadership and Effectiveness – Participating in short- and long-term organizational planning/strategy and driving implementation of relevant initiatives pertaining to operations.
- Office and Facilities Management -- Ensuring the efficient functioning and stylish presentation of the office; managing office supplies, furnishing and decor and working with building management and vendors.
- IT – Managing computer network, software, shared drive, back-up system, etc.; providing technical support for meetings/events; managing outsourced resources for implementation of new technology; purchasing telephone and computer equipment.
- Finance and Accounting Administration – Bookkeeping; managing a/r and a/p; liaising with part-time controller; managing financial reports and annual budgeting process; handling financial reporting to funders, board and staff.
- HR and Payroll Administration – Coordinating HR functions and liaising with outsourced HR consultants; supporting recruiting of new employees; processing new hires and departures; overseeing hiring of temporary employees; maintaining employee handbook; serving as contact point for HR policies and procedures and employee relations issues; coordinating with payroll service; managing employee benefits and interfacing with benefits broker and insurance carriers.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of non-profit or related management experience.
- Bookkeeping and financial management required, non-profit accounting a plus.
- Human resource experience highly preferred.
- Collaborative and open, with the ability to work with a team as well as independently.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage projects, multi-task and prioritize.
To apply, please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.